Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

PhotoSpur intro

Here on my PhotoSpur blog i encourage you to follow me in my photography adventures ;)

Its just over 2 years since i bought my first DSLR to toy with photography as a hobby...sure i've had a compact camera beforehand (in todays digital age who hasnt, lol).

Since borrowing a Canon 30D camera and 18-55 kit lens from a friend (thx Richard!!), i was immediately hooked and ordered the latest offerring from a local camera store.
The Canon 50D and 18-200 IS lens were only just released at that time and how lucky was i to get my hands on these smick items :D
To bring you up to date, i've been through many camera bodies and lenses since my initial outlay and my current investment in photography is still with Canon.

Why not Nikon? well, i've had a brief affair with Nikon about 4 months after my passion began...but i'm happy with the gear that Canon provides and i'm a firm believer of the user being the most important ingredient in photography.
Sure, Nikon has some outstanding offerings such as the D3s and D7000, but the premium range of glass is still swinging in Canons favour. Ok, i might as well admit that i was previously a gearhead and had much lust for fast and long glass...now that my collection is fairly complete i'm less bothered/lustful.

So what do you enjoy taking photos of??
Well, over the time i've spent in photography i've learned that i enjoy all facets of photography. I like to challenge myself dabbling in all genres including LANDSCAPE, PORTRAIT, STREET, SPORTS, TRAVEL, and NATURE.
Consider me a Jack of all trades, Master of none...


Here on my PhotoSpur blog i encourage you to follow me in my photography adventures ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment